Sunday, January 18, 2015

This and That

Today is January 18, 2015. I really messed up yesterday. I do believe I ate everything in sight, but I still managed to exercise yesterday. So, no pounds lost and no pounds gained. My friend Ginny has talked me into doing this blog. I really need to be held accountable for the stupid decisions I make when it comes to eating and exercising. What worked for me in my twenties is not going to work for me at age 40.

In my twenties I could eat Doritos and drink mountain dew for breakfast. If I wanted to lose a five pounds quickly I wouldn't eat after 6pm and I would drink a couple of beers. I can't do that anymore. My body has changed as well as my metabolism. My priorities have changed also. I am at a point in my life where I have no excuses to lose weight. I have a ton of free time on my hands now that I am single, so I can go walking and I can cook the things I need to so I can eat better. My plan is to keep doing the pilates door knob exerciser and walking right now. I want to buy an elliptical at tax time so that while it is cold outside I can hop on that and get a good work out.

A big step for me is I know I need to list my weight. I am not quite ready to share that just yet.....gotta build up the nerve.

JoAnne





1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are sharing your journey! I was just reading the benefits of exercising when it is cold out at http://www.everydayhealth.com/news/big-benefits-exercising-outside-this-winter/ and it looks like it has it's perks! Share what your comfortable with, no rush. :)

    ReplyDelete