Thursday, October 5, 2017

Feeling Accomplished

The past few months have been chaotic.. well busy!  I have had a lot going on with everything deciding to break at my house to have overcome some great obstacles as well!

Most of you know that I went back to school and got my BA in IT with Web Design focus.  AND most of you know that I have been stuck and not really doing anything with it since I graduated 3 years ago!  However, that is really changing and I mean rapidly!!

A few months back I was referred my 1st client, by a friend.  A guy running for Sheriff wanted a simple site for his campaign.  I have to say that is my first one, I was proud and it turned out nice.  The client was happy and that's pretty much what matters, right!!??

Shortly after I was contacted by Client #1 who asked if I could contact a lady who loved his site and wanted her own for her campaign.  I contacted her, and she wanted me to build hers. I showed her a mock-up site and she loved it, with a few tweaks she was published and ready to go!  I have to say that I was happier with the 2nd site, it looked better and I could see my growth.

The day I shared that I was having that meeting on my Social Media, I got a message from a friend who wanted to meet with me to discuss one for her... Could I possibly have another client so soon?  Well, it turns out that I did!!     :)

This one was going to be a challenge though, one that would push me more than the two before.  It's a lawyer, but she wanted her site to be personable, not cold (her words) like most lawyer/law firm sites she had seen.  You see her story is unique... she lost her son and that drove her to the career she has today; she wanted her visitors to know that about her through her site.  It's inspiring!

I have been working on her site for a while (very close to 2 months) and it is about to be published next week (hopefully).  I am excited because it is beautifully portrayed and we got it exactly how she envisioned, AND I'm proud of the site!  I learned today that the Law Firm that she works for will be linking her site from her page on their's... this is BIG!!  I mean a major law firm will have a site that I will link to one I created, that will be tons of exposer to my work!!

I am proud of all that I have accomplished these past few months.  I finally feel like all the hard work in school wasn't a waste and that I may actually be able to do something with this degree (and pay off some of that debt lol).

I am proud of All 3 sites, but each time they have been better... but I am loving this last one so much that I am wondering if I will ever top it!!

I'm feeling accomplished, and just wanted to share it with you all who listened to all the struggle along the way!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete