Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Killer Winkles





This is Killer Winkles. He came into my family in 2010 or 2011. I got him when he was a puppy, maybe 6 to 8 weeks old. I nursed him from a tiny bottle and treated him like he was human. I never knew I could love an animal the way that I love him. 

My oldest son called me at work last Wednesday to tell me he had found him dead outside. He was only about 7 years old and he was in great health. It looks like somebody shot him with a pellet gun. My poor baby, I feel so bad because I was not there to comfort him. I have cried and cried for my dog. 

I would tell him to give me hugs and he would lay his head on my neck and love me. He would sleep cuddled up on my bed at my feet or he would actually lay on a pillow that I had on the bed. He was the first dog I ever had that actually loved me. I will miss him so much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment