Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Ticking Time-Bomb

As I sat there listening to the Doctor, his previous sentence echoed through my mind ...  How did I get here?  He's full of it, and don't know what he's talking about!  I always said I would never be here, but I kept talking and didn't act!  ... All of these thoughts rushed through my mind as his words, "You're a Ticking Time-Bomb for a Stroke!" repeated in my thoughts!

I went for a checkup and  a refill on my Blood Pressure medication and left taking 6 medications a day!

When I started this Blog my goal was to get healthy and prevent being on a basket of medications a day, like my mom is currently!!  All I did was talk, NO actions and look at my situation!  I could kick myself in the a$$.  However, the Doctor says that most of the issues are hereditary!  I'm on the fence there!!

I know, I know.. these things are hereditary and I may not be able to reverse being put on all this crap; BUT, I plan to try!!  I know many people who have changed there lifestyles and didn't need the medications any longer.. SO, That is my Plan!!

I have another appointment in 4 weeks and I plan to see a smaller # on that scale, smoking less than I did on Friday, and making better choices when it comes to what I drink and eat!!    Even if these changes don't allow me to stop taking all this medication, they will improve my quality of Life in some way or another!!

"You're a Ticking Time-Bomb for a Stroke!"  That is scary!!

All the way home I thought about the importance of my life and the things that truly matter to me, and soda nor cigarettes were at the top of that list!  It's time to really do as much as I can to get healthier because I want to live to see my girls get married and create families of their own; and be able to enjoy grandchildren when that time comes.  Plus, I want to be able to enjoy life with my husband after the kids are moved out... none of this can be what I visualize if I don't change things and end up having a stoke!

SO... wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment