Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Memories of Grandma


Granny, 

When I was a little girl the best place in the world was at your house. I was partial to granddaddy because he would sit me on his knee and say "You're my little gal". There were always those rectangle sunbeam spice cakes laying on the kitchen table with a butter knife semi enclosed inside from where the cake had been cut. There were also homemade biscuits, cornbread, or cookies too. Your kitchen always smelled like food and your house always felt like home. 

I am so glad that I always told you how I felt. It's just that with Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching I miss you so much. I am beginning a new tradition this year with the boys. I am going to cook Christmas Eve and watch Christmas movies with them all day long. I have told everybody if they want to stop by they can and if they can't make it, it's okay. This last year I have come to enjoy cooking and I see now how it brought you joy to be able to sit down and share a meal with your family. That is what this time of year is about, sharing and being with your family. 

You know we can't choose who we are related to but God chose you to be my Granny and I couldn't have been happier with his decision. There is a saying that after someone passes away you don't remember a lot of what they said or did but you remember how they made you feel.....You made me feel so loved! Thank you for being the best Grandma in the whole world. 

Love, Jo

      Pic of my grandparents, me, my sister circa 1978 maybe. 




    Pic of Granny, Heather and her dog Hank circa 2010 maybe.





Pic of my sis Lois, my cousin Heather, Me and Granny Parrish    2012 maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment