Friday, September 11, 2015

September 11th


Fourteen years ago today our country was changed forever. I would like to take a moment and remember the people that lost their lives that day. 

I remember where I was when I heard what was going on. I was actually at the doctors office because I had given birth to my first child a few days before all this happened. Anyway I was sitting in the lobby and some woman was talking about how the Pentagon was under attack. I was so confused because the night before I had been up all night with my newborn son and did not get any sleep. I remember going to the doctor in an old moo moo leopard print gown because I didn't feel like getting dressed and didn't give a damn what anybody thought. 

Then I was called to the back and the Doctors, nurses and everybody was standing around looking at a TV and it kept showing the planes flying into the buildings. I was so sad for all those people and their families. 

There is one image that will always be ingrained into my mind from that day and it is a picture of a person jumping to their death. To know that some people had to make that choice breaks my heart. 

There were real life hero's that day. The police and firefighters that rushed into the building to save people they didn't know and the passengers on Flight 93 that knew they were going to die but decided to die fighting. 

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/lists/by-name/ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment