Saturday, June 13, 2015

Country Gal

Being that I am a southern gal, I thought it would be fun if I exposed you all to some good country thoughts and ideas. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't? There are all kinds of jokes about the south and we even have our own down here. One of my favorites is we all know Florida is in the south but personally I don't consider it a southern state because people in Florida don't sound like we do. They don't have that slow drawl when they speak. I know this idea may seem insane but ask anybody who is a true southerner and they will tell you what states they consider to be southern. Here is my list:

1. Virginia
2. West Virginia
3. North Carolina
4. South Carolina
5. Georgia
6. Kentucky
7. Tennessee
8. Louisiana
9. Mississippi
10. Arkansas
11. Alabama

Texas is not on my list either, because as they say "that's a whole other country".

Let's face it we talk funny. Something I like to say a lot is "he/she won't hit a lick at a black snake". That means that person is lazy and that's just a nice way to say it. So here is a list of the funny things we say:

1. He doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground - means he's confused or stupid.

2. The devil is beating his wife - that means it's raining and the sun is shining at the same time. 

3. Bless his heart - He/she just has no sense or is an idiot.

4. You look rode hard and put up wet - nice way to say you look like crap, like you haven't had enough sleep.

5. He's drunker than Cooter Brown - Means you are very drunk. I read that this is an infamous character in southern lore that stayed drunk so he wouldn't have to fight in the Civil War.

6. Uglier than homemade sin - you are ugly.

I don't know what it is like to live in another part of the country but what funny sayings do ya'll have? Yes, I did say ya'll....lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment