Thursday, January 22, 2015

What to eat?

I am a few days into this weight loss journey, in which I am really trying. I am struggling with the "what to eat portion" of this journey. I have noticed that most quick foods that I can grab running out the door in the morning are processed or they are starchy. I don't know about you but I do believe I could live off potatoes!

I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow and stock up on healthy foods. I have searched the internet and come away with a 30 day meal plan that has options and has food on it that I actually eat. It also gives the recipe and how to prepare it as well. I am going to try to start implementing it today for lunch. An example is I can actually have a black bean burrito for lunch, which is really good because I love black beans. I need to find a recipe for a black bean burger if possible.

I did workout last night. I am hanging in tight with the Pilates door knob exerciser. My thighs and tummy are feeling the burn. I can also feel it in my arms, the bicep part. I have been looking at getting an elliptical soon, but I am still walking when I can and taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator.

Until tomorrow..........................
JoAnne


3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, JoAnne! I found a Granola bar that can be made at home that offers protien and fiber that looks great (link below)! The Spark People website has a ton of recipes, I'm going to start trying some!

    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=29316

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find a 30 day plan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the 30 day plan is from Jillian Michaels. I just googled it and it came up. I will check the link on the paper that I printed out.

    ReplyDelete