Friday, April 22, 2016

Fatherly Advice



The meme says: FATHERLY ADVICE "Son, if you can't say something nice, say something clever but devastating".


       The Best Advice My Dad Has Given Me

1. "Birds of a feather flock together". This is by far his most influential piece of advice. This stuck with me because when he was lecturing me with this nugget of wisdom when I was a teenager, my eyes would glaze over and I really didn't get it. Now, I do. Alcoholics hang with other alcoholics, potheads hang with potheads, church people hang with church people, nerds with nerds and so on and so forth. 

2. "If all your friends jumped off the Tar River bridge would you be right on their heels"? Another great nugget of wisdom. Once again, when I was a teenager, I knew everything and my parents knew nothing so my eyes would glaze over and I would look like I was listening so he would let me go to my room. In this life, it is okay to be your own person, not everyone that says they are your friend really are. BE YOUR OWN PERSON!!!!

3. "You reputation is everything". This is the truth for real. Because of my stellar rep, I have gotten myself out of a few jams! I will not elaborate because I might ruin my rep....:)

I tell people my Dad reminds me a little of Red Foreman from "That 70's Show"....it's the attitude. 


No comments:

Post a Comment