Thursday, September 17, 2015

Minecraft & Autism



I am very exited to announce that Minecraft comes in lego form now. I noticed this a few days ago at Wal-Mart. I so know what my youngest is getting for Christmas now. He is getting Minecraft legos and a camcorder! 

Robert is amazing. He can build the coolest things out of legos, clay or pipe cleaners. Here is an example:



This is something he built out of legos a few days ago. Now granted, this isn't his best work, but I think it is amazing. It actually works too. 

I have been reading other blogs the past few days and Minecraft seems to be something that kids with autism like. I do realize that is a generalization so please forgive me if that statement offends. My son will sit for hours and watch youtube videos about Minecraft and will get upset if he is interrupted. He will talk very excitedly about the "mods" and what he would like to build and stuff. Sometimes I watch the videos with him. 

http://learningworksforkids.com/2015/04/7-reasons-kids-with-autism-love-minecraft-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment