Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Quit Smoking & Lose Weight




 
For the last few weeks I have been training my brain. Yep, training my brain. I have been telling myself that I can kick my cigarette addiction and in the next breath I am lighting up another one. Why am I making this so hard? I have read that after your last cigarette there is no nicotine in your body 48 hours later. Is that true? 

I am down to not quite a pack a day. Some days I am smoking half a pack, which is much better but still not where I want to be. In the meantime, I have been walking everyday or when I can't walk I get on the elliptical that is in my living room. I have noticed that when I am on the elliptical I can only do ten minutes and I am very winded. 

I will not beat myself up about this. I know that I am taking baby steps and I will beat both my addiction to cigarettes and food. I know I can do this, in my mind I can picture myself healthy and not smoking. What has worked for you? Does anyone have any tips or advice?



No comments:

Post a Comment