Wednesday, August 19, 2015

New Age





First, let's begin with our mind/your mind. It has been said that when you put your mind to a task you can accomplish it.  Mind over matter. Examples of this are: losing weight, quitting smoking, letting go of a bad relationship or finishing college. I have had the experience of doing all of these at some point in my life with success because I made up my mind that I was going to do these things and nothing was going to stand in my way. 

What are our minds truly capable of? Can you be hypnotized into losing weight, quitting smoking or finding love for an example? Or is hypnosis really just a way to relax and listen to positive affirmations? Years ago, I went with my mother to a hypnosis weight loss seminar. It was very educational but when it came time to do the hypnosis all my mother and I could do was snicker in the background. It was hilarious to me! Maybe because I was so young at the time, early twenties, so I could not take it seriously. 

Last night, I decided to listen to hypnosis for weight loss, or rather watch a video on youtube. You basically just listen to the video, which I did while lying on the couch with headphones of course. I did feel very relaxed and as I was relaxing I started thinking maybe all hypnosis is about is positive affirmations. In this video, the speaker had a soft voice, was very positive and the music in the background was soothing. I don't know. I am going to try this for a week to see if there is anything to it or not. 

Something that interests me about hypnosis is subliminal messages. There were also videos on youtube that had some kind of bilateral beats or something that were supposed to have hidden messages (subliminal) that when you listened to it, it would go to your subconscious. These videos had only the sound of ocean waves crashing against the shore or rain showers and you could not hear the subliminal messages but the author of the video listed what would be said in the videos under the video on youtube. Like I stated before, these phrases were positive affirmations. 

What is your take on hypnosis?

No comments:

Post a Comment