Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Original vs. Remake




I love a good movie. What I hate about Hollywood is sometimes they take a classic and try to revamp it decades later. An example would be Point Break. Anyone that knows me, knows this movie is my all time favorite movie. The scene where Special Agent Utah jumps out of the plane with no parachute is freaking classic and I love it! There is no way that can be redone better than the original. Patrick Swayze rocked in this movie because he took on a role and thought outside the box. Before I saw it the first time I had my reservations, but he made being a surfer guru type guy believable. 


Now I have watched the video for the remake of Point Break and it seems to be nothing like the original which is cool. It looks like it has the same characters but they are now extreme sports type people and the action looks to be better than that of the 1991 film, granted in the early 90's film people couldn't do what they do now. I will probably watch it and maybe even like it, but it will never be the original baby!


 Bodhi says: If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love. (Point Break 1991)


(***The videos were downloaded off youtube and the movie poster pictures came from pinterest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment