Monday, May 18, 2015

Outer Banks, North Carolina

On Friday, last week, I visited several historical landmarks at the Outer Banks. I went with my son on his class trip and I had the best time. 

First we went to the NC Aquarium in Manteo, NC. We were able to see all kinds of fish, sharks, snakes, turtles and much more. 

NC Aquarium in Manteo, NC




Next we went to Bodie lighthouse which is technically on the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. 

Bodie lighthouse

Bodie lighthouse



Next we visited the Wright Brother's Memorial in Kitty Hawk, NC. That was a workout for sure. I swear I walked up a mountainside to get to it. 

Wright Brother's Memorial in Kitty Hawk, NC



Last we visited Jockey's Ridge, and that was a hilly also. That's what Jockey's Ridge is anyway, a bunch of big, huge, sand dunes. I was worn out by the time we finished that day but I had the best time with my son and his classmates. 

Jockey's Ridge


No comments:

Post a Comment