Tuesday, April 21, 2015

London, Part 8

**Start at the beginning: Part 1 London, England

This will be the last post in my series of London, England.  I hate to see it come to an end. I had such a wonderful time exploring the city of London and meeting new people.

One of the most interesting aspects of riding the tube are the street musicians. At different tube locations, there are people that play music there. The acoustics underground are phenomenal. One day I heard a guy playing some classic Pink Floyd and it sounded great. I wanted to stop and listen but I didn't because I was just following the rush of people trying to reach their next destination. When I go back I will definitely take the time to stop and listen.

Friday, before I left, I stopped at a Pub. The pub that I stopped at was the one that I originally stopped at to get directions the first day that I arrived in the city. The architecture of the inside of the pub was beautiful. I had fish and chips with London  Pride Ale. Very Good and the staff was super helpful. The name of the pub was The Castle - Victoria Road, North Acton W3 6UL, United Kingdom.

The Castle - Victoria Road, North Acton, London, England
             This is the inside of the pub, The Castle - Victoria Road, North Acton, London, England.
            This beer was the best beer!! It was warm and I had a few and then stumbled to the bus.
The Castle in London, England
                                 Classic fish and chips that I had at The Castle in London, England.

All in all I took a lot away from my trip to London last summer. I learned that the world is bigger than my back yard (thank you Dorothy Gail...lol) and life is bigger than any problem I will ever face.  I traveled alone to one of the biggest cities in the world, flew in several airplanes for the first time at the age of 40 and got lost everyday while I was in London. That is the beauty in it though. Not taking the beaten path and stepping out of my comfort zone to discover life outside of what I perceive to be my own.

Continue... Coming Home

No comments:

Post a Comment