Friday, April 17, 2015

London, Part 5

**Start at the beginning: Part 1 London, England

Due to the drastic change in time, I only slept about 4 hours. I got up and went outside and was able to smell the cool night air and just contemplate how far I had traveled. I was in England and so excited and couldn't wait for the morning when I could go explore.

I started out early that morning at about 9 a.m. I was told I should give everyone time to get to work before getting on the tube. The first thing I did was try to follow the map to no avail. Everything is spread out more than I expected. I do believe I walked a country mile. As I was walking I came across Tower Bridge. I just kind of stumbled across it and it was a beautiful sight.

Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge photo

I walked around so much that day and saw so many historical sights and it was amazing. That day I also walked across the Millennium Bridge and at different intervals of the bridge there were people cooking peanuts. The smell of the peanuts, the warm sunshine and the music you could hear while walking down to the Tate Modern Museum was electric. I can close my eyes and immediately I am taken back to that amazing day in London and I swear I left a part of my heart there.

Millennium Bridge photo


To Be Continued.......................London: Part 6

No comments:

Post a Comment