Wednesday, April 15, 2015

London Part 3

**Start at the beginning: Part 1 London, England

I goofed around at the Charles de Gaulle airport in France and finally it was time to board the plane to go to London, England! Once again, this was one of those small commuter planes, and the flight was a short one.

On this particular flight, I sat with a couple that only spoke French. When I first boarded the plane and walked to my seat, there they sat and were speaking with a flight attendant. The couple started to speak to me and I could gather they wanted to switch seats with me. I was just smiling and nodding and then I looked at the flight attendant and said I don't speak French but I will sit by the window, I have no problem with that. So we all smiled at each other and I sat at the window. The flight attendant didn't speak a lot of English, but oh well. They were all very nice and pleasant.

Picture in your mind, within a 24 hour period been on three flights! In my mind, technically I time traveled because time jumped 5 hours ahead for me. I left home Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 9 am and it is now Monday, July 14, 2014 around 2pm when I board the flight to London. I leaned my head against the window for a brief moment and dozed off.

Then when I open my eyes this is what I see.........



 The skyline doesn't quite look like Eastenders but it's close....

Oh my God, I am flying above London, England, and I can't wait to get on the ground to explore.

My first impression was it looks kind of brown. As you can see in the photo, the river Thames is winding through the city.

I'm so excited.....I feel like a kid at Christmas.





Continue London: Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment