Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Creative Tuesday: The Race Car

Two weeks ago a friend of mine ran into a bind when the person who had planned to cut all the decals for her husbands race car couldn't do it at the last minute!  The weekend before the 1st race of the season and the car had nothing on it!  It was a very stressful time, to say the least, for them!!

Those of you who know me, know that I love creating things, and helping others in the process is an added plus. SO when she called on Monday night asking if I could help them out and cut A LOT of stuff by that Saturday... it was hard to let her down, even though I wasn't sure if I could piece together the decals to make them look decent, since it was something that I had never tried before.

She informed me of the colors they needed and I went ahead Monday night and ordered what I needed based on the sizes and amount of decals she wanted, with extra costs to get in 2 days.  On Tuesday night they stopped over to show me what they wanted on paper, sizes and sketches of their ideas... It was quite a bit, and honestly I was a little terrified that I had took on a project that I was not 100% sure on!

Tuesday night I got to work, laying out all of the designs they wanted and checking back and forth with them on the fonts being used.  With everything on the go-ahead I started cutting and weeding things on Wednesday morning in hopes to have it all done by Friday evening where they would have time to get everything on the car by Saturday at lunch time.

Thursday night I had a few completed (the small stuff mostly) and told her to stop by and get them...




I was really proud of how the flags for the hood turned out.  They were 2 ft X 2 ft and pieced together; yet, you can't tell.  The other little stuff wasn't too out-of-the-ordinary of the things I am used to cutting so they didn't take long at all, but looked nice as well on the car!  Now on to the other larger things to complete the task...




There where times that I felt overwhelmed, like when I realized I had a dental appointment Friday at 3 and would need everything completed before I left... BUT I got it all finished and everything was on the car by dark Friday!!


I loved the chance to do this and glad that they were happy with everything!  I only wish I would have free-form on what decals to create and been aloud to design my way, but it turned out nice!  It wasn't done by a professional shop, but they look good... now to fill up the gaps the next few weeks as the get sponsors and decide on new stuff!!

If you ever get the chance to help someone out and be creative along the way, don't pass it up!!  It can be a lot of fun and you may learn that you can do more than you give yourself credit for in the end...
I know I did!!

~Ginny


No comments:

Post a Comment