Monday, November 2, 2015

Black & White Photography Circa 1999



These are a few of the pictures I have taken over the years that I wanted to share. 


This is a picture of my Granny, Julia Parrish. The most incredible woman of all time. Her house was always home. She passed away last year at the age of 93 and I was with her when she left this world. The most lasting impact she had on me was how she made me feel so very loved. I miss her everyday!


This is a picture of my brother running through a graveyard, I was trying out different shutter speeds and f stops with this photo. We thought it would be cool to see if we could spook people and if anyone would think it was real. Haha!


These two guys my cousin Mike and I picked them up around Garysburg, N.C. They were both veterans and on their way to Maryland. This picture was taken in 1999 or 2000 and both the guys were named David. I was actually working on a candy route back then and on Thursdays I drove up to Roanoke Rapids, Weldon and Garysburg which is one long ride so I picked up Mike for the company. We saw them sitting outside a country store and he asked them if they needed a ride. We took them all the way to Tarboro, N.C. to the local shelter for a free meal and warm bed to sleep in before they started off on their journey again. Mike has since passed away but I will always remember this day!

These three pictures are some of my original work and to be able to post them I had to take a picture of them with my phone. If anyone knows any good computer programs that I can successfully use to upload my originals would be great. I would love to share more of my pictures with you all. 

*****These pictures are copyrighted work by JoAnne P. Smith. Do not copy without permission, Thank you.******************** 


Last but not least here is an oldie of me in 1998 at the ripe old age of 24. My friend Janelle took this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment