Monday, August 24, 2015

Nervous? Who Me?







I received a follow up call from my doctor's office on Friday last week. This time his actual nurse was calling me and asking "Why haven't I made an appointment to discuss my pathology reports with him"? MMmmm, I don't know, because he personally called me himself. Geez, what is the big deal? They don't realize it, but they are scaring the hell out of me! 

Okay, I am going to be very frank in this blog post, so you are forewarned.....................

When the Doctor called me a couple of weeks ago, he said he could not do another LEEP because I wouldn't have any cervix left. I know, I know, that sounds awful. The reason for that is every time a LEEP is done, the Doctor burns off a thin part of the cervix with a loop that has electric current going through it. This means the cervix is burnt and there is always scar tissue. I had decided before this call that I would never have another one done anyway. It is akin to genital mutilation in my mind, even though I know it isn't, I just can't go through that again. The process is not scary but it's just invasive. That is how it feels to me anyway. 

So, I explained to the nurse that the Doctor had called me and I got the impression there was no hurry. She then told me that with my history of cervical dysplasia, they want me to come into the office and talk with him and get a plan in place to move forward with the hysterectomy. They say the LEEP came back with the margins clear but there are still abnormal cells and they are not sure where they are. I don't know...I am confused about all this. I asked the nurse to check into the Insurance part for me and see what the deductible is and if I can set up payment arrangements if I have to. I am going to make an appointment for the second or third week in September to get a better understanding of what is exactly going on. 

Instead of having the hysterectomy next year, it looks like I will probably have it in October instead. I will keep all of my fellow bloggers updated. Thanks for your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment