Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Cautiously Optimistic









As you all know, I am going through a divorce. My divorce will be final as of July 7, 2015. I haven't dated anyone throughout the separation because I wanted to do this "right". The feeling of one day I will have to stand before my maker and explain myself, I figured maybe it will look good for me to have been faithful to my husband during this time. Plus, the demise of the marriage broke my heart and I couldn't entertain the idea of another. Even though, if God is who I think he is, I probably will not be able to explain, because he knows what is in my heart without me saying a word. 

Anyway, I have met someone. I met him for the first time last Saturday and he is the friend of a friend. When we met we talked and he actually asked me out on a date. The date is going to be on July 3, 2015. My rationale is that I am almost divorced and there is nothing left to do but wait for the court date and that day the divorce decree will be signed and I will officially be free. I was absolutely honest with him and where I am in the process. I am cautiously optimistic about this date because he made me laugh. I am going to take this one day at a time and see what happens. It could end in disaster or I might just make a really good friend...who knows?

****
 https://fromthedeskofmardrag.wordpress.com/tag/new-beginnings/

Link for the clip art at the beginning of page.






No comments:

Post a Comment